Find us at www.inpreparation.weebly.com our new home on the web.

not here, but...

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE @
www.inpreparation.weebly.com

Monday, March 30, 2009

Greetings from Spauce

Dear friends,

As you may or may not know, I’ve been here at the Space Station for about a week now. I’m getting used to sleeping in a “cocoon” that’s strapped to the wall. It’s pretty comfortable! Everyday I put on my MMU (that’s what we call the Manned Maneuvering Unit, which is what we use in... SPACE!), which i then jet on over to the platform where I work on... you guessed it, SPACE EXPERIMENTS!

After I jet back from work, I exercise on a treadmill instead of swimming, as I did back on Earth. Why don’t i swim you asked? Well, up here, water won’t stay in a pool, a bathtub or ANY, yeah i said it, ANY open container; it would simply float up and form a blob. And blobs are fucking weird. Water won’t just sprinkle down either, so a watering can or shower wouldn’t work... and yes I do clean myself. I use a “special” container for my washing.

Eating is fun up here! We microwave food in plastic bags or tubes, and then squeeze them straight into our mouths! My boss really likes to squeeze his into mine, its what we call “swallowing”. We don’t cook over a flame, or have any fire whatsoever! I miss our cozy fireplace, but we can’t have one out here - there’s no chimney! ha!

See you soon!

Love,

Raychill, your “spaced out” friend


modified excerpt from UNICEF text book, “outer space adventures”

No comments:

Post a Comment